Welcome to Hawaii Independent Energy
Hawaii Independent Energy (HIE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Par Petroleum, is a refiner and marketer of petroleum products headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii. HIE is the largest supplier of transportation fuels in Hawaii, serving its population of approximately 1.4 million residents and 8 million annual visitors. The company plays a critical role in meeting the state's demand for jet and marine fuels.
HIE Quick Facts
- A refinery on Kapolei that has a 94,000 barrel per day capacity
- Five refined product terminals facilitate product distribution throughout Hawaii
- 27 miles of pipeline delivering product throughout the state
- A single point mooring (SPM) terminal speeds tanker loading and unloading
- HIE supplies gasoline to 31 Tesoro-branded retail outlets